Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Q & A Session


Elder Slavens and Wyatt

Q: Does Cambodia get extreme weather?
A: No, extreme weather no. But it rains so hard that you can't see your hand in front of your face. And now I'm constantly afraid of being struck by lightning, because I almost got struck by lightning that one time. [Editor's note: What???!!!]




Q: How are you doing this week?
A: I am doing so well this week. I love how much I'm learning, and how every time I read my patriarchal blessing, I see myself differently. I had a really vivid dream that I went home last night, and it was so scary, I was not ready to go home. I am approaching my year mark, but I honestly feel like I have been here for only a month or two. 

Q: What are your hopes/goals for this week?
A: I hope that this week I will get my package, and be able to teach a lot of lessons, and set 4 or 5 baptismal dates. 

Should I stay or should I go?
I GO!

Q: What was a spiritual moment you experienced this week?
A: We taught a guard at a nearby restaurant about prayer, and what resounded with him was the fact that you can pray over your food, because he saw us pray over our food a week or two ago. So when I"m in public places here I will always over my food, because someone is watching. 

Q: How has your testimony grown recently?
A: Instead of having cold feet about promising certain blessings during lessons, I am able to promise people very boldly (because what I didn't use to have a testimony of, I now can honestly promise). It's not in specific areas; just generally, I am gaining a stronger and stronger testimony. 

Q: What made you laugh this week? 
A: I got to go on an exchange with Elder Ros last week, and we had some good times. I can't think of anything specific, but it was a good day. 



Elder Ros and Wyatt



Final story: During the week, all of our investigators said they couldn't come to church on Sunday. However, we prayed that even though none of our investigators could come to church, we would have somebody be there, and 2 people were there! We set up appointments and parted ways after church, so we will see what becomes of them. Really cool to see a specific prayer answered after a week full of disappointments. God is looking after his missionaries!

Love,

Elder Hall



No comments:

Post a Comment