Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Final Say


"Shaking hands with future president of America u know."


This is my last email home. Sok Hour passed his interview! I'm super jealous, because he chose Elder Christensen to baptize him. But it's all good--he added me on face book so we are BFFs forever. 

Before haircut

After


Man I don't know what to say for my last mission email EVER. Maybe I should just say that I know that nobody is perfect, but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be made perfect. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God; anyone that will read, ponder, and pray in the name of Christ about it can know just as well. I also know that God loves each one of us with a love that nobody can fathom. We can experience a taste of it, but we can't fully understand it. I am mostly thankful for the opportunities over these 2 years to be God's investigator. While I was trying to teach other people the right way, God was silently (and sometimes not so silently) teaching me. I have learned to love the scriptures. I know that I am not perfect. In fact, I know about a lot more of my weaknesses than I used to, and I know Jesus Christ's Atonement can empower me to overcome those weaknesses. I am grateful that God sent me to this wonderful country. I love the people and their culture, and I will miss it a lot. I am excited to say that I have helped them as best as I could to strengthen them spiritually and build up their stakes of Zion. I know that words can't really explain (and if they could, it would take actually 2 years to explain), but I love my mission and will think about it for the rest of my life. I thank my Lord that in His infinite mercy, He saw it fit to improve me as a person and allow me to draw nearer unto Him.
Elder Hall
P.S.See you in 10 days, I'm not gonna email next week, since I'll be doing some last minute sight seeing and souvenir purchasing.  I won't skype you, either--sorry. Just wait a little bit more. It will be a better surprise. I love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment