Monday, June 13, 2016

Alive and Well???



[I didn't get an email from Wyatt this week. Relative to 25 years ago when my husband went on a mission, I am spoiled with an email every week. My mother-in-law received snail mail on an infrequent and irregular basis. However, not receiving an email once a week is out of the ordinary for me, so I will worry. In order to distract myself from the worry, I have decided to make up a letter from Wyatt.]



Dear Family,

I am alive, well, safe, and happy! I hope all of you are doing well, too.



This week has caused me to ponder my childhood years and reminisce about family gatherings and events.



First things first, though. Remember when I broke 5 windows and 2 light fixtures in our house in Weatherford? I want to apologize. I hope you know it was never intentional. I really needed to open the back door with my golf club, and I couldn't get my shorts to hang on my ceiling fan without the help of my bat. I hope you understand. I promise to pay you back for them the minute I get home.



Speaking of apologies, remember the time I accused you of treating us kids as slaves and making us do all the work? I now realize how ridiculous my arguments were. I see now how much time you spent cleaning the house, washing our clothes, redoing the chores we did half-way, cooking us meals, and driving us places. And I forgive you for the time I made your blood boil while you were chopping vegetables and you didn't realize you had your knife pointed at my throat during your diatribe.



Anyway, I miss my siblings so much! You guys can use any of my stuff you want!!! Especially my stereo equipment (speakers, ipod, etc). And Meredith, you can let your boyfriend (and his brother) use whatever of my clothes you want. I don't mind at all.




Also, I just want to say thank you for all the punishments you ever dolled out. They were 100% justified, and I needed every single one. They have shaped me into the person I am today.



Oh, by the way, Dad, if you're still missing any of your tools, check my box of stuff in the attic...or my friends' houses...or the local landfill.



I need to sign off, but just remember how much I love all of you and I can't wait to see you when I get home. I promise to send an EXTRA long email next week with lots of pictures and probably 3 or 4 videos!!!

Love,

Elder Hall














No comments:

Post a Comment