Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Farewell to Pochentong





Me: Elder Holland doesn't pray over meals?
Wyatt: He doesn't. Did you read in Bible Dictionary about prayer? It says that praying over meals is just a tradition so they could follow the Rabbinized commandment in the Mosaic law to pray 3 times a day. I do however still pray over meals. Praying over meals in public, very not necessary. Being thankful in your heart, very necessary. In 1 Tim 4:3-5 it talks a little bit about it. Elder Holland did not tell us that; it was just noted by the mission president and was a rumor previously heard.

Me: I got two friend requests from people in Cambodia. Do you know: Kodomol NcFc or Sokun Bopta Chun? If you know them I would be more than happy to accept their requests!


Wyatt: Yes, those are two of my recent converts here in Pochentong! Bopta got the Holy Ghost yesterday!



Alright this week I don't really want to say much since I'm getting transferred to Battambong Branch 1 to be companions with Elder Kheav (pronounced the way you say the letter "Q"). I'm a little bitter since Pochentong is my favorite area so far, and I thought for sure I was going to train and stay, but neither of those things happened. Oh well. I'll just have to work hard to love the people out in Battambong. This week I will adjust to my area as quickly as possible and learn what the word "virtue" means so I can correctly garnish my thoughts unceasingly so that my confidence will wax strong in the presence of God. 






I love you too mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment