Tuesday, March 24, 2015

And We're Off!


Wyatt's MTC District (from Elder Ros's email)

Elder Hall had a lot of packing to do, so he didn't have much time to email. Here's a snippet of the email he sent me (his mom).



"So here I am, last week of the MTC man. This is crazy. I cant believe Im leaving to Cambodia and starting my real mission. I guess the only thing I can say is that I am ready to just go out there put my head down and get to work. 

"Ok. I don't have any pictures and I don't have an email since I have been packing all day so you can just tell them that. I'm sorry"

Last photo at the MTC (From Sis Sheffield)


Here's a snippet from his companion's (Elder Ros) letter that mentions Wyatt:

"One more thing, as me and the district travels to Cambodia, over there we'll meet completely new companions.... It's going to suck to me completely new companions.... It's going to suck to leave my awesome and phenomenal companion Elder Hall! We have such a strong brotherhood companionship bond with each other it's not even funny. God bless you Elder Hall it's in my prayers that you'll do great with your trainer."





We also talked to him in the SLC airport tonight for about 30 minutes. He sounds happy and excited! He recited the alphabet in Cambodian, counted to 10, and bore his testimony. Hopefully, we'll hear from the mission president in a couple of days that he made it safely!


Angkor Wat

Update--I found this on Sis Sheffield's blog: "QOTW (quote of the week): 'I love going to yoga at the country club by my house. They work your hips so much. Afterwards I felt like a new-born baby trying to walk for the first time'- Elder Hall"

1 comment:

  1. We are all so excited that he is in Cambodia! What a wonderful experience he is having. Can't wait to read about what he has to say about his first impressions of the country...

    ReplyDelete