Monday, March 16, 2015

Travel Plans and Visas Have Arrived!

DEAR EVERYONE
Well I decided to do something about how much weight I have gained here and challenged my friend to a competition. To see if I could gain more weight in one week than he could lose. Don't worry mom I think it's becoming muscle weight because it isn't showing up anywhere else. Actually it could be my brain. I feel like the Cambodian language could probably weigh about 15 pounds so maybe that's it. 

Yes I have my travel date. So I leave the MTC at 3ish on Tuesday the 24th. Then I fly from SLC to LAX at 7 PM and from there to Hong Kong at 11:30 PM California time. So I have like a 3 hour layover. The flight from LAX to Hong Kong is 16 hours so it will either be nice to catch up on sleep or it will suck because I will get really bored and not be able to sleep. So in the process of that flight I will cross the International Date Line and experience the shortest day of my entire life. I will literally spend like 5 hours experiencing March 25th, 2015. So I get in to HK at 6 AM and then 2 hours later we fly to CAMBODIA. I will step foot in Cambodia for the first time at 10 AM on March 26th, 2015.

I am beyond excited to be there, mostly to serve the people of Cambodia but like 4 percent of it is so I can finally have something for people to read when I send emails home. I cant wait to have real investigators, real doors slammed in my face, real conversions, and real baptisms. The reality of me being in a foreign country for a whole two years is starting to set in and I can't believe I have such an amazing opportunity. 

Spiritual Thought of the Week: A lot of my recent scripture study has been in the New Testament and I just started so don't laugh at me but I'm in Mark chapter 15 where the multitude is condemning Jesus to death. Pilate is literally like "what the heck why do you guys want to kill this innocent man who just didn't say a word about all of the accusations you brought against him?" and the next part is what strikes me. The multitude rather than answering just kept yelling "crucify him." So I think this is how Satan works sometimes. He can sometimes get us to forget about reason and just get caught up in our emotion so strongly that they literally crucify the Savior of mankind. So we need to always check our emotion and remember, is this good? Don't get me wrong, emotion is good, but sometimes it can cause us to make rash decisions, just like Satan wants us to do. So we just have to be careful.

SO tune in next week for my email recapping each member of my district in honor of our departure into the field. 

I love all of you guys!

Elder Hall


Me and my travel info.

Elder Palmer and I in Sacrament Meeting. 


I swear this is his actual face. somebody just said before this picture -elder ros picture yourself in the forest... squatting down next to a peacefully flowing stream...taking a dump-

Elder Lambert playing piano.



I (Becky Hall) got an email from Elder Ros, too. I thought I would share what he wrote about Wyatt. It makes me smile:

"Well, I have less than 8 days left until I go and invite so many of my own people and family to Christ! It seems like the time I spent in the Provo MTC went by so fast as I reviewed how I spent my time in the Provo MTC, listening to all my Lookkruus and all of the missionaries testimonies in my branch, and after all I trained in here! I love my Teacher/ Lookkruus and Zone so much. Best of all, I love my companion Elder Hall, we trained so hard together as brothers, doing our best to teach with the spirit, speak with the spirit, continue to prepare with love, and learn everyday. We're going to have a hard time separating ounce we come to Cambodia to meet our new Senior Missionaries soon. Will be updating in next P-day before I depart start to Depart to Cambodia... I hope. Hahaha I love and missed the Syracuse Ward, Syracuse Community, and most of all my family including my Pomeranian dog "Prince". 

No comments:

Post a Comment