Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dancing, Pancakes, and Santa Claus



 Our Skype on Christmas Day

The ward Christmas party was super fun. Ever since they made the rule that you can't listen to Khmae music, I've just been craving it, so dancing (Khmae style) to music (Khmae style) was SUPER fun. They also made me dress up as Santa Claus and give out candy to kids, but I just got mobbed by every one (including adults) for candy. I'll send you a picture of the Santa Claus thing. I actually forgot my camera today, so I'll have to get other people's pictures of me. 

 From Elder Slavens' blog
 
During the ward Christmas party, we watched a movie in English (nobody understood). Then we danced for like an hour, ate food, danced more, and then I went home. Everyone was super jealous of my American dance style and cooking. Man, so much culture was introduced there! I taught them how Americans dance AND how we make pancakes. There were a bunch of less-actives there, too. 

 Wyatt's district (from the Ovesons' blog)

Then the next day, Vannak showed up to church, YES! So he will be getting interviewed on Friday, and then baptized on Sunday. (Ming Da showed up, too, but she is the sisters investigator now).  Vannak has come a long way. In the beginning, I could tell his aunt was making him do everything, and he hated it, and just wanted to leave. Then one day I think something clicked, and now he is always asking questions and actually wanting to find out more about what were are teaching.


From the Ovesons' blog

If you want to be better missionaries at home, just pray for missionary opportunities with real intent. Don't be scared that you'll actually get one. And then when that opportunity comes, pray for courage to take it. And if you don't want to take it, pray for desire to take it,and if you don't want to pray for desire to take it, pray for desire to pray for desire to take it! Haha. I'm just kidding, but the point is God will give you opportunities, you just gotta take them. Also, talking to the missionaries about how you could help out is a good way, too. All I can tell you is that when I get back, I am gonna go help the missionaries as much as I can, because I know the frustration of not having members to help me. 

I love you mommy!

Love,

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment