Monday, November 7, 2016

The Work is Picking up in Tuk Laak





I have had a crazy amount of opportunities to give blessings. It used to be once or twice a week, but now that I'm in the city, it's more like once a month. We always get called to participate in ordinations and confirmations and everything. 

My goals for this week are to organize all the new investigators we have and try to turn most of our "potential investigators" into "investigators"--and stay positive while I do it (my comp got on to me about being too negative, so I need to work on that). 

The work is starting to pick up, and I think we are doing alright. The members are starting to trust us. It was pretty nice to hear "Dang, Elder! Are these all your investigators?" in Sunday school. 




So here's a good story: A guy named Ponleu came to my mind one morning, so we decided to call him (we had called him like 3 or 4 times in days past without being answered). That morning he finally answered. We asked him if he had free time to meet since I just got to the area. He said he could, and we met him that afternoon. He told us that he had been studying hard and just didn't have time for church. Then I don't remember exactly what we said, but it was a really spiritual lesson. He went to church that Sunday and said he felt really good about going to church after not having gone for a year and a half. He also looked visibly happier and started opening up to the elders more. So check back later for more to this story... 



I DO HAVE A PICTURE FOR YA MAMA just a sec ill get it to you

Love, 

Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment